This past weekend we hosted our second retreat of 2019 – our Junior High Winter Camp. It was a full weekend with over 140 youth, sponsors and volunteers in attendance. Curious? Here are 5 things you should know about the weekend:
1. The weather was nice and snowy – The week before we received about an inch of snow. Then, on Saturday we got an additional 2-3 inches. This allowed us to open up the tube run on Saturday night for some late night tubing!
2. We traveled from near and far to get to camp – Youth groups traveled everywhere from Wisconsin to Ohio to attend the retreat. We had 12 youth groups represented, including 8th St, Silverwood, Columbus, Huntington, First Mennonite of Bluffton, First Mennonite of Indianapolis, Assembly, Milwaukee, East Goshen, Berkey Avenue, Paoli, and College Mennonite.
3. We learned how the Holy Spirit works in our lives – Michelle Curtis was our retreat speaker, and she shared about how she has felt the Holy Spirit’s calling in her life. Goshen College’s Parables were our music leaders, leading with dynamic and applicable songs and skits.
4. We made new friends, and reconnected with old ones – Youth groups had plenty of time to work together in activities and discuss topics from the message. But there was also good opportunity to get to know others outside of the group.
5. We went home refreshed and renewed – After a weekend of playing outside, worshipping together, and staying up late playing games, we all went home physically tired and renewed spiritually. It was a fun, engaging weekend.
We can’t wait to see you all next year at the 2020 Winter Camp! Thanks for coming!