Camp Friedenswald provides people of all ages the opportunity to grow in relationship with God, self, others and nature.
- Discipleship– We encourage individuals to discover and develop their God-given gifts for faithful living and service in the Church and the broader world.
- Peace– We embrace the peace of Jesus and encourage healthy daily interactions that lead to an earnest love for the world.
- Stewardship– We care for the resources and relationships that are entrusted to Camp Friedenswald with a mind for the future.
- Nature– We value the natural world as an expression of God’s spirit to be explored, delighted in and cared for.
- Simplicity– We provide a retreat from our fast-paced culture and technology for a space to practice intentional ways of living.
- Community– We facilitate relationships in our work, play, dialogue, and worship together.
- Faith– We claim the stories of Jesus and of God’s people in a Mennonite Anabaptist perspective, connecting them with our stories, time and place.
- Hospitality– We nurture a welcoming atmosphere and a sense of belonging.
Camp Friedenswald was founded in 1949 by leaders from across Central District Conference of the General Conference Mennonite Church with the vision of providing a place for young adults to connect with others and God within the beauty of creation. Over the years the camp’s programs and facilities have developed to accommodate a wide range of ages, activities, and gatherings through summer camps, winter camps, retreats, and getaways. Read more about the history of Camp Friedenswald.
Camp Friedenswald, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, supported by Central District Conference of Mennonite Church USA.