We look forward to hosting you at Camp Friedenswald. In order to ensure a quality retreat in the peaceful woods, please consider the following information when preparing for your visit. Following is a map of our facilities Map of Main Camp.
Guest Guidelines & Community Expectations
- Please respect other guests, as well as the facilities and grounds.
- Alcohol, fireworks, and firearms are not permitted. Pets are not permitted inside Camp facilities.
- Cigarette smoking is only permitted outside of lodges at designated areas
- Bicycles, roller blades, and skateboards are not permitted on Camp trails or sidewalks.
- Please observe an all-camp quiet time of 12:00 midnight.
- All guests have equal access to general use areas. Exclusive or specific use is guaranteed by advance scheduling only.
- Please be aware that cell phone service is unreliable. WiFi is available at/outside the Dining Hall.
- Please adhere to additional policies posted throughout Camp property.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
General check-in time is 6:00 pm and check-out time is 2:00 pm for a stay of two or more nights unless prior arrangements have been made. If you are here for only one night, your times will be adjusted when you make the reservation. Please abide by these times since we often have quick turnovers and need time to prepare the space for your group.
- What is provided in each room?
Pillows and a comforter will be provided in the following buildings: Lakeview Lodge, Tamarack Lodge, Sycamore Lodge, Sandhill Lodge and Family Suite. We do not provide pillows and comforters in the cabins. Bed linens and towels are not provided but are available by prior arrangement for a fee of $10 per bed. Toiletries are not provided.
- What is provided in the lodge kitchens?
Nearly everything you need to prepare your meals is provided, except for the food! We make every effort to keep our lodges well stocked. Here is a list of Lodge Kitchen items. Additionally, all four lodges come with use of a propane grill.
Not included in the kitchens: paper cups, paper plates, plastic utensils, salt/pepper/spices and coffee grounds.
- What about pets, alcohol and smoking?
Pets and alcohol are not permitted on the grounds. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas (near the main parking lot, Lakeview Lodge parking, and the north side of Cottonwood).
- Are your facilities accessible for people of different abilities?
Most buildings are accessible and provide at least one handicapped accessible bathroom in each facility. Please inquire for specific information when making a reservation.
- Can I come to the camp for a tour and have a look around?
We love to have guests visit and are most happy to show you around! We do ask, however, that you call in advance to let us know you are coming. Sometimes groups have exclusive use of the grounds and all buildings are full. We do not give tours inside of buildings when they are occupied.
- Can you accommodate dietary needs?
The Camp kitchen can accommodate a wide variety of dietary needs and preferences. Please note any allergies or dietary requests at the time of making a reservation or at least two weeks prior to your planned retreat.
- Can we have a campfire while we are there? Is firewood available?
We have several campfire rings available if you let us know in advance. We will provide a small shed of firewood for your stay. If you need more, there will be an additional charge.
- Do you have a camp store?
We would love to open our Camp Store for you any time during your stay. You may schedule a time in advance or just let your host know when you are here. We sell clothing, stuffed animals, backpacks, water bottles, and souvenirs.
- Do you have WiFi?
WiFi is available in the Main Dining Hall. We do not offer an internet connection in the lodges or other facilities. We hope you’ll enjoy the experience of being “unplugged” and take the opportunity to reconnect and to be renewed while you’re with us in the peaceful woods.
- Do you have a sound system or projector available or should we bring our own?
We have sound systems and projectors available. We will work with your group coordinator so we can ensure responsiveness to your needs. Please ask us for what we have available and if there is an extra cost.
- Are there televisions and phones?
Lodges do not have televisions. Emergency phones are located at the dining hall, Cottonwood and all lodges. They can be used to contact the office or to reach a staff person by pressing the purple button.
- Is there cell phone reception at Camp?
Depending on your service provider, a signal might be weak at best! On most of our grounds there is limited reception. Please use the landline phones in the lodges or dining hall in the case of an emergency. For an outside line press the green button on the phone.
- What do I need to do in the lodge and my room before checking out?
Make sure you take all your personal belongings with you, including leftover food, and tie up all trash and recycling bags. Take used pillowcases off pillows and place any other used linens on the floor or outside the rooms.
- What cleanup is required in buildings with kitchens?
Place used pillow cases and other linens (hand towel, bath mat) in a pile. Put away any tables or chairs that were used throughout your stay. Return games to the game cupboard. Please wash all dishes, utensils, pots and pans that you used and return them to their proper location. Appliances, counters and tables should be wiped clean. Optional: Vacuum/sweep floor; take out trash (to dumpster)