Due to COVID-19, all Camp Friedenswald programmed camps and retreats have been cancelled through the end of 2020.
Camp Friedenswald offers programmed camp experiences for people of all ages – a chance to gather to “unplug” and reconnect with God, self, others, and nature. Come enjoy our beautiful natural surrounding with experiences that engage the whole person – body, spirit, mind.
Programs for Kids
- Winter Retreats for High School and Junior High youth groups allow for youth to grow in their faith, bond with each other and new friends, and of course, enjoy the tube run!
- Summer Camps, week-long overnight experiences for children and teens grades 1-12, are a chance for children to grow in ways impossible anywhere else but at Camp.
“I was given countless opportunities to hear God’s word through nature and through the supportive people around me at Camp Friedenswald.” - Summer Camper
Programs for Adults
Camp Friedenswald offers opportunities for adults to gather with friends old and new throughout the year. Come enjoy our:
- Women’s and Men’s Retreats, sponsored by Central District Conference of Mennonite Church USA
- Creativity in the Woods, for scrapbookers, artists and more!
- Team Building curriculum - a fun, challenging program to help your group pull together
“Camp has given me the opportunity to take breaks from the rush of everyday life and just dwell in the beauty and peace of nature and community.” - Camper
Mentorship Peace Camp with MCC – Canceled for 2020 - November 6-8, 2020
Fall Crafting Retreat – Canceled for 2020 - November 6-8, 2020
Climate and Community: April 2021 - April 16-18, 2021
Programs for Families
- time for the whole family to have fun together
- planned activities for all ages
- family-centered, child friendly worship
Don’t miss our Family Camps, a refuge from daily demands, ringing phones and hectic schedules!
“I loved having a nice mix of time with kids and time to self with meditating, contemplating in nature around the camp.” - Family Camper
Family Camp 1 (Music Family Camp) – Canceled for 2020 - July 13-17, 2020
Family Camp 2 – Canceled for 2020 - July 20-24, 2020
Grand-Family Camp – Canceled for 2020 - August 28-30, 2020
Family Winter Camp – Cancelled for 2021 - February 12-14, 2021
Programs for Schools
- Outdoor History Education
- Outdoor Environmental Education
- Team and Confidence Building
- Pinnacle Experiences
“The things they taught the kids and adults I will take with me forever. If you ever get a chance to go here, don’t pass it up.” - Parent of 5th grade student