Every once in awhile we need to take a break from our daily lives in order to be renewed. So does Camp! Join us as we seek to Renew Friedenswald so that we can continue to provide the life-impacting experiences to campers of all ages for years to come. Projects include:
Vision: Renew to provide quality sleeping and bathing quarters for campers and families.
- Rebuild 5 Standard Cabins based on design of Girls’ Cabins
- 1 ADA accessible cabin with basement to be used as storm shelter
- Separate shower and toilet areas inside each cabin
- Sleeps 12+ (increases total cabin capacity)
Vision: Renew community space to provide warm hospitality and welcome to guests and summer staff.
- Complete renovation of 9
sleeping rooms, including ADA
accessible room and restroom
- New gathering space for 35+ people; ideal for summer staff and guest groups
- Full kitchen, soft seating area with fireplace and dining area overlooking bell hill
- Laundry facility in basement
- No longer used as year-round staff residence
Vision: Renew to better serve needs for indoor activity and worship space.
- Remove Dorms
- Update restrooms
- Small kitchenette
- Maintain iconic A-frame while utilizing space more effectively to meet current and future needs
Other spaces to Renew at Camp Friedenswald:
Dining Hall Roof and Flooring | Natural Sea Wall & Permanent Dock – Main Beach | Lakeview Lodge Updates | Furnace and Windows in Friedenhaus |Repair drainage issues in Circle Drive | Cement floor in Pole Barn |And more!
How you can help us reach the campaign goal of $2.2 million!
- Make a pledge commitment to help us reach the funding goal.
- Share the story with friends and family, encouraging them to get involved.
- Plan to attend a Camp Friedenswald program in the year ahead.
- Volunteer your time on specific projects during the construction.
So far, over $1.9 million has been pledged towards the goal of $2.2 million! We are over 85% of the way to the goal, but still need your generous pledge of support. Help us fill the Chapel below!